IL PAREO,who have 3 shops on Paxos, placed this tricycle outside the Gaios enterprise in 2016 to specifically raise money for PAWS. The idea is that tourists make a donation to PAWS to have their photo taken in the carriage. However it seems that the carriage itself is the star and tourists are donating freely.
PAWS is very appreciative of the fund raising efforts of IL PAREO.
We hope that their business continues to expand and long may we work together!
Table Top Sales:
The Table Top sales in aid of PAWS continue to be very successful. Organised by Pam & Les Davis and held at Carnayo restaurant, these events raise between 500 - 600 euros every year.
PAWS is very grateful to everyone who helps with this event.
PAWS is sincerely indebted to the following for their staunch long-term support:
- Katerina & Giorgis Kondaris and their daughter Emilia for donating their garden flat to PAWS to use as a temporary surgery in Gaios for five years from 2008-2013, and offering discounted accommodation at their Baronessa's apartments.
- Ray Lythgoe (who sadly died in 2021) and Suzy Russell for their unstinting support with every aspect of PAWS work. During the winter of 2012/13, Ray made a substantial contribution to the renovation work at the new surgery - see photo gallery
- Faye Lychnou, who has consistently helped with PAWS administration and is a wonderful go-between and translator during discussions with the mayor. We are delighted that she has now become one of the PAWS trustees.
- Di & Ian Mitchell - who are devoted to helping PAWS at the clinic and with fostering. Di is now a PAWS trustee.
- Pano of Planos Holidays for offering substantial discounts on car hire.
- Derek & Jenny Dobbs and Costas & Emily for providing excellent working accommodation and hospitality in Loggos and Lakka respectively before the opening of the new clinic.
- Carol at Paxos Magic who is always very welcoming and extremely supportive of PAWS. She takes care of the winter feeding in Gaios and is a wizard at organising the transport arrangements between Corfu and Paxos.
- The winter feeding teams who are dedicated to keeping the feral cats well fed during the winter months.
- The volunteers that help catch cats for the vet teams plus the other volunteers too numerous to mention that live on Paxos.