IL PAREO,who in 2016 opened their 2nd shop in Gaios, placed this tricycle outside the Gaios enterprise to specifically raise money for PAWS. The idea is that tourists make a donation to PAWS to have their photo taken in the carriage. However it seems that the carriage itself is the star and tourists are donating freely.
PAWS is very appreciative of the fund raising efforts of IL PAREO. In 2015, Phil & Anne in Lakka raised over 200 euros. We hope that their business continues to expand and long may we work together!
Table Top Sale - March 2016: Once again the Table Top sale in aid of PAWS has been very successful. Organised by Pam & Les and Ray & Suzy and held at Carnayo restaurant, the event raised 416 euros. PAWS is very grateful to everyone who helped with this event.
PAWS is indebted to the following for their staunch long-term support:
- Katerina & Giorgis Kondaris for donating their garden flat to PAWS to use as a temporary surgery in Gaios for five years from 2008-2013, and offering discounted accommodation at their Baronessa's apartments.
- Ray Lythgoe and Suzy Russell for their unstinting support with every aspect of PAWS work. During the winter of 2012/13, Ray made a substantial contribution to the renovation work at the new surgery - see photo gallery
- Faye Lychnou, who has consistently helped with PAWS administration and is a wonderful go-between and translator during discussions with the mayor. We are delighted that she has now become one of PAWS trustees.
- Alekou and Emma of Genesis Restaurant for logistical support.
- Pano of Planos Holidays for offering substantial discounts on car hire.
- Derek & Jenny Dobbs and Costas & Emily for providing excellent working accommodation and hospitality in Loggos and Lakka respectively before the opening of the new clinic.
- Carol at Paxos Magic who is always very welcoming and extremely supportive of PAWS. She takes care of the winter feeding in Gaios and is a wizard at organising the transport arrangements between Corfu and Paxos.
- The winter feeding teams in Loggos and Lakka who are dedicated to keeping the feral cats well fed during the winter months.
- There are many other volunteers too numerous to mention that live on Paxos but PAWS thanks them all most sincerely.